Saturday, November 8, 2008

Student Body: Classroom Exercises to Increase Mental Focus

I've been working with new teachers and Daily Physical Activity for the past couple of Teacher Connect sessions (the old NTIP). Browsing some of the videos on Edutopia led me to this one:









I know that I have to move after focusing intently on some task - I'm a kinesthetic learner (as well as a visual learner). We've also been working on differentiated instruction and I'm thinking that for those learners who need to move to concentrate, these 4 exercises might help them do that.
If you try some of these in your class, please tell me how they worked.

1 comment:

Paul C said...

Thanks for the heads up on the site Edutopia.org founded by George Lucas. It looks promising with quality content and applications.