Sunday, September 21, 2008

Too Busy To Be Betty

For this week's post, I'm going to link you to the Adolescent Literacy Book Club blog. I wrote a post in response to a chapter that I read on Saturday morning. The previous week was so darned busy that I needed the weekend to catch up on my program work. So, here's what I blogged about if you want to take a look. It's about writing and part of it's about drawing as thinking. The chapter is written by Linda Reif and she writes about using a "tellingboard" to aid reluctant writers. Next week I hope to have a regular post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the idea of the post-it notes and what I would have called a "storyboard." Fabulous ideas. Our Early Literacy teacher, Amy Corriveau, just introduced this idea of drawing as a writing plan to a group of grade 3's on Tues. I was lucky enough to hear her do it (and she used the Moss book, Max's Logbook, to do it!) I can't wait to try this as a way of getting my grade 4's to SUMMARIZE. Only five pictures (post-its) so what will each have on it? FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Seslija said...

You're welcome! Let me know how summarizing worked with the post-its.